Monday, July 7, 2014

Getting admitted into a law school was never a dream of mine , but my destiny carved this out for me. Getting excited by scoring well in my 10th standard , I instantly felt like becoming a doctor and without giving it a second thought and knowing nothing about the pre-medical entrance and all , I jumped into the vast sea of medical science. First few months were very energetic but with time , the alpha-theta and human physiology began to loose its charm and me slightly entered into the lovely world of adolescence. After failing in physics in all the unit tests and terminals , ( i also failed in my re- pre board of physics) , i realized that I am not made for science or I should say it the other way round. Scoring a shameful percentage in my 12th boards , getting into a college was a dream which I could not afford to see. So I landed up in School of Open learning for B.com and along with it I did a course in jewellery designing , gemology and diamond grading. The charm of becoming an entrepreneur was all over my mind , but a day came in my life when i realized that its not my true calling and my family really cannot afford my dreams. So I was in a state of shock , what to do , what to do next? This feeling becomes more painful when one's friends are pursuing a professional course from reputed colleges. So I decided to study hard and land up in a government job for a safe future. After failing in almost every exam , I was again in a shock , and the same old question was haunting me , what to do now, my mind was saying "you are good for nothing" and my heart was saying "All is Well" , although I was fully aware of the reality , that I was in deep shit.
Finally on a friend's conviction , I again appeared for some competitive exams and this time I cleared CDSE conducted by UPSC and also the Faculty of Law entrance exam and luckily I got CLC in my councelling. Before going for my SSB interview , I watched Lakshya thrice and tried to find myself in Hrithik Roshan , excluding the muscular part. Once again I met my old lover , that is "FAILURE" , which was laughing at me on the 5th day of SSB interview when we were informed that we are not selected. It was raining heavily when I was waiting for the army bus to drop us back to the station , although I was experiencing another rain from my eyes but I tried to look composed at that moment.
I missed my college elections , because I was in Allahabad for SSB. I forgot to mention one important part , that after getting into CLC , I made a good bunch of friends who encouraged me to go for the interview.
Then began my actual college life , roaming around in the campus , exploring different locations , etc. Some things are not meant to be mentioned in public ;) Seeing other students reading those heavy books in the library , I felt like I would go in coma. But then preparing for moot problem, showing off MULLA (Contract) to my parents , although I didn't study a single page from it but we prepared hard to be a part of the MCS as we heard from our seniors that it was a prestigious thing to be a part of the MCS.
Once again my fantasy world was broken into pieces when I was not selected for the MCS. We declared 2 days mourning and the revenue of our canteen dipped for those two days as we were half humans and half zombies during those two days.
Then we heard of another society , Debate and Discussion Society , this time I was sure that I'll definitely be a member of this society and in typical bollywood style , we decided that "iss debate ko to faad daalenge" but unfortunately usne hume faad daala. But the best part of this competition was my friends favourite urdu couplet " na sanam mila na khuda mila , na idhar ke rahe na udhar ke" , till date I have not been able to understand that why this couplet was used in this debate.But it was best suited for me , as I belonged to nowhere.
I don't want to mention about the interview of PAC , because there also I met my old lover , or I should say my mistress "FAILURE".
Then after all this chaos , one day we made a beautiful discovery. It came straight from the heaven and rumours has it that it transformed lives of many people and made them very successful in their careers and specially in their marksheets :D Yes , You have guessed it right , the one and only , the most popular thing in Law fac , the tool of success , the famous "DUKKI".  But their exists a question which is on every student's mind , and that is ,which one to buy ? JAIN? SINGHAL ? Some says Jain is good because it is the first one to come in market , and some support Singhal as they feel that it is well organised. I personally bought all AK JAIN , because I felt a Jain Jain connection. It sounds stupid , but its the truth. I used to issue books from the library but just to create an impression on my mother that I am so hardworking. Honestly speaking these law books looks amazing on your study tables , specially when a guest comes and exclaims " tum itni moti moti kitaabe padhte ho?" and we say " haan , kya kare , law karna aasan nahi". The feeling which creeps in at that moment cannot be expressed in words.
Then one day , a friend of mine who is also a Chartered Accountant ( khush ho ja Manorath Rathi) , informed us about an open moot court competition in which non MCS members could take part. We immediately enrolled ourselves for the competition and the CA friend started preparing for the moot as it was a case of some tax related matter , so he was probably the best person to prepare that case. We went to Chennai for the competition where a new dialogue was born " GAAJAR MOOLI KI TARAH CHEEL DENGE" , although we tried our best there and were declared the third best team in that competition but while returning back I had to say " gaye the gaajar mooli ki tarah cheelne , but khud cheel ke aa gaye". And this was also a failure, and this wasn't a team failure , I was responsible for our failure , although my friends didn't say a word to me , but deep down their hearts , they know ki if at all he would have prepared well , then we would have won that gold plated trophy and 50k prize money. I apologize to both of you.

A lot of things happened in this one year , and a lot more is on its way to come. I am determined and I am strong because I am not alone , I have some of the best people as my friends.
This failure has made me tough as well as humble.
I hope this tryst comes to an end and I believe that it definitely will.



No comments:

Post a Comment